Apps such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Google Meets are good for video calls with more than one person.
Skype, Microsoft Teams and Google Meets can also show live captions during a video or voice call.
What do you need to make video calls?
- A phone, tablet or computer with a camera and internet
- The video calling app downloaded from the App store or Google Play
- An account with a password
Some phones come with video call options already installed.
Some devices are specifically designed for video calls, for example, find out more about the Konnekt Videophone.
What’s good about video calls
- You can sign to another Auslan user over a video call.
- If you lip read, you can lip read over a video call.
- You can make video calls while you’re out.
Extra things to know about making video calls
- The person you’re calling must have the same app and be online when you call.
- The other person needs to have a camera and be happy to be on camera.
- If you want to make a lot of video calls, make sure you have a plan that covers the data you’ll need.
- It's also important to have a good internet connection.
Learning how to make video calls
The Be Connected website includes information and videos about how to make video calls using some of the common apps.
Visit the Be Connected website and learn how to make video calls.